In March Tasharuk celebrated Open Data Day, Open Education Week, International Women’s Day, and the World Day Against Cyber Censorship by sharing more than 50 new relevant resources.
The team published resources from organizations and institutions that focus on gender and sexuality topics, including Kafa, Sharika wa laken, Nazra, APC, Lebanon Support, and others. These resources aim mainly to increase awareness about the ways of reducing the gender violence against women and diminishing the digital gender gap.
Resources on the role of online privacy and tackling cyber censorship in maintaining freedom of expression as well as how to be secure and safe online were also shared. The resources gathered this month were produced by several organizations including: UNESCO, APC, International Journalists’ Network, Reporters Without Borders.
As for the Open Data Day and Open Education Week, the team published the content of SMEX’s online courses, “Digital Journalism in Arab World” and “Savvy Strategist” as open educational resources in both Arabic and English.
We list here some of the resources that were published on Tasharuk in March:
- Digital Rights and Online Expression in Lebanon
- قاموس الجندر: مفاهيم متنقّلة واستعمالاتها المحلية في لبنان
- مقياس البيانات المفتوحة 2015 : كيف هو أداء الدول العربية؟
- A QUICK OVERVIEW OF OPEN DATA IN MENA
- How Women Can use Technology to End Gender Violence?
- “الاستراتيجي المدرك” تدريب في المناصرة الرقمية
- “الصحافة الرقمية في العالم العربي” تدريب على الانترنت للصحفيين
Register on Tasharuk and share your resources. Stay tuned to know what topics we are going to cover in the next months!
This page is available in a different language العربية (Arabic) هذه الصفحة متوفرة بلغة مختلفة